Friday, June 20, 2008

Did Elastigirl wake up on the wrong side of the bed?


Yep. Oh wait, you need to know who Elastigirl is. I finally figured out why the mom in The Incredible was Elastigirl. I know, I know, I'm a slow learner, obviously really slow at some things. Today I felt like I was being pulled in every direction. Made me wish I had arms of elastic, even though I think I'd need a few extra ones. It would be nice to be able to fulfill my kids needs all at once . . . just like they expect it. I would be able to hold Colby, fix his bottle, change Chloe's poopie do, get Sammy a drink & be able to see what Lexi wants me to look at on the computer, all while holding the phone up to my ear to talk to John. Only in a Disney movie can a mom be such a superhero, although most animated Disney movies don't have moms, just the evil step moms, but that's another post, another time.


Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I was on my side of the bed, which is the right side. Then why was it wrong? Is it just a figure of speech? Yes and no, I had one idget on one side of me and another idget on the other side of me. Which means, I was sleeping in the middle. I absolutely hate being in the middle! To top it off, I was in the middle of them, on my side of the bed, squished between them. So, unlucky for me . . . and super unlucky for my kiddos today, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. The wrath of the crabby mama started early. I'm sure my kids were glad when Daddy came home to their rescue (really to my rescue). I'm spending time ALONE in my room right now. Finally, some time to myself today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness we have husbands to rescue us from the kids. I remember those days so well....Not fun times for me or you kids. Oh well, someday they will all be gone out on their own, and then you'll be wondering where the time went. You'll miss those little bodies close to you in bed.

Mom