Monday, February 2, 2009

Chloe's Big Day



Today was a special day. Not only was it Chloe's third birthday, but today was her first day of Tot time. She was excited to go. I was able to drop her and Sam off with no tears, not from the kids or me. When it was time to pick her up, she was all smiles. They gave her a birthday hat to wear and she wore it most of the day. Too cute!

Chloe's day was spent opening presents and playing. We try to spread the gifts out through out the day. She hauled in the goods, of course. She's one loved little girl.

She did give one little surprise to me today. She was opening a gift from my mom, it was a stuffed puppy. It looked similar to one that she opened earlier in the morning from Colby. She grabbed it out of the box, barely looked at it and threw it down behind her saying she already got one of those. It wasn't like a little toss either, she threw it down hard. I was shocked, but couldn't help but laugh. I think she forgot she was opening a gift from Grammie. Only a three year old can get away with something like that!

Note to self: teach kids to be gracious when opening gifts

Other than that little dog throwing incident, Chloe seemed excited and liked all of her gifts . . . even the puppy. It's funny how excited she can get over the littlest thing, like her cup with her name on it.



John brought her balloons home and we took her to Fuddruckers for lunch. She wore her birthday hat and loved being the center of our attention.

It's hard to believe that it has been three years since she was born.
She was our littlest baby. She was born at 10:01 pm weighing in at eight pounds-three ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. I was able to give birth to her at 38 weeks, just to try to make sure she was under the nine pound mark. She was a good baby, just like the rest.



I'm just so thankful that we have our little Chloe. She's so sweet. I was lying in her bed with her the other night. I was pretending to be asleep to try to get her to sleep, you know what I mean, we all have done that one! Anyway, she was rubbing my arm and said, "I love you, mama. You are so special to me." Awww, how sweet is that?! Then she picked up her baby, told it she loved it, kissed her then had her baby kiss my forehead. One day she's going to be a good mama.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good mamma!
Cass

Anonymous said...

Aww, that's so sweet! My 5 year old is like that too - comes out with some super sweet comments.

Jacinda
www.digikiwichick.blogspot.com